Air Cooled / Fin Fan Air Cooler
An air cooled , or ACHE or Fin tubes exchanger, is simply a pressure vessel which cools a circulating fluid within finned tubes by forcing ambient air over the exterior of the tubes. A common example of an air cooler is a car’s radiator.
Air cooled heat exchangers are used for two primary reasons:
- They increase plant efficiency
- They are a “green” solution as compared to cooling towers and shell and tube heat exchangers because they do not require an auxiliary water supply (water lost due to drift and evaporation, plus no water treatment chemicals are required).
Headers Type :
In combination with the finned tubes, headers are an integral part of the air cooled heat exchanger pressure vessel. Headers are used to receive the fluid from the piping and direct the fluid through the tubes. Tubes are connected to the headers via expanding, welding or both. A few of our standard header configurations are:
- Shell : » Plug Box Header » Cover Plate Header » Pipe Manifold
TSF is capable of fabricating all types of headers and bundle configurations, each offering their own benefits and serving all of the process and power applications.
Finned Tubes :
The efficiency of air-cooled heat exchangers primarily depends on the heat transfer capabilities of the finned tubes. Important factors to be considered include design temperatures, operating environment and whether or not the cooler will be exposed to cyclical service.
- L and Overlapped L Fins
- Embedded Fin
- Extruded Fin
- TSF provides well conceived and optimum design to suit O.E. Applications
- Designed and Constructed as per IS, DIN, ASME or TEMA Standards.
- Heat Transfer Capacities : 1000 k.cal / hr to 10,00,000 k.cal / hr
- Heat Transfer Area : 1 m2 to 500 m2
- Headers : » M.S. » S.S » C.S
- Frames and support : » M.S. » S.S » C.S
- Fin Tubes supports : » M.S. » S.S » Aluminium
TSF is having state of the art in house facility for manufacture of these heat exchangers with latest technology equipments like:
- Wattage based torque controlled automatic tube expander for uniform tube expansion
- Serration / grooving tool for tube sheet manufacturing for proper bonding of tube to tube sheet
- Seal / seam welding m/c for high-pressure heat transfer products
- Shearing and Bending Machine
90% of the aircoolers TSF Engineering builds are customized for each client’s needs, thus providing the ability to service nearly every air cooler application. Our air coolers are installed throughout the Pakistan in the following applications:
- Forced and induced draft air cooled heat exchangers
- Recirculation and shoe-box air cooled heat exchangers
- Hydrocarbon process and steam condensers
- Large engine radiators
- Turbine lube oil coolers
- Turbine intercoolers
- Natural gas and vapor coolers
- Combustion pre-heaters
- Flue gas re-heaters
- Lethal service
- Unique customizations